Forward thinking freelancer





Working freelance, like any business, requires forward thinking. When approached by a new client, you must think of them in terms of long-term business relationship, and not just one job.

This week I interpreted in a one-day trial conducted remotely. I've been in contact with the legal team since last week, familiarising myself with the bundle and telephone interpreting for the barrister and claimants in pre-trial consultations. I was flexible and accommodating in taking time out of my schedule for brief phone calls at different times to suit all the parties. My clients were successful and on the morning after the trial I received a phone call from the solicitor personally thanking me for my flexibility and assistance. Apparently the other interpreter on the case refused to take short calls and no consultations in the other language ever took place. The other interpreter's approach was short-sighted. The legal team will not want to work with that professional again, but said they would work with me in all future cases requiring Polish translation.

Every time I deal with a client I put myself in the client's shoes. If I'm happy with the service, I know I've done the right thing as the service provider.





Comments

Post a Comment

Popular Posts